Sunday, January 27, 2008

Stupid is what Stupid Does



Well I did it. I swore I would not ...
No!!! ... running a 50 miler in the desert in the middle of summer is insane. Your are too old! ... too slow! ... too smart!.... to subject you body to this voluntary death march.

In my mind, I can hear my mother's voice telling me to stop being so foolish -- "Why don't you stop this stuff and find a nice girl?"

Oh well, maybe the paramedic that picks me up will be single and we will fall in love over an IV.

I signed up for the Race with the Devil 50 Miler! http://calicoracing.squarespace.com/running-with-the-devil. This is the sister race to the Angel run I did in January and could be described as a baby Badwater.

I really gotta stop hanging out with ultramarathoners -- they are a bad influence on me!

No comments: