Monday, April 19, 2010

One Week Update


The pain has gotten much better. I went the whole day without taking anything for the pain. Much of the day was spent catching up on my sleep.

The muscles in my hand have contacted into a fist due to atrophy. Extension of the fingers is physically fatiguing and I can "feel the burn" after a mere 10 reps. Tomorrow, I will set the timer on my watch to remind me to do hand stretches every 20 minutes.

The Nutrisystem food arrived today in two big boxes. Hers was around 32 pounds and my box weighed about 42 pounds. I get 28 more snacks --- thank god it is a man's world!

We are committing to stick with the program for 3 months. I need to loose about 25 pounds. As it appears my training will be limited for the summer so I really need to commit to a diet.

The vegetative healing process is getting boring. We see the orthopod in Wednesday, I hope he will allow me to return to work soon.


No comments: