Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vitamin I …Why Have You Betrayed Me?

With one week to Umstead, I continue to be plagued by Ummie's curse. I have been having GI issues since the Baltimore Marathon. After much prodding, poking, ultrasounds and CAT scans, and under duress, I submitted to an upper and lower GI endoscopy. The preparation was not the most enjoyable experience but it was something that I endured. The exam was easy because I was under general anesthesia. As far as the lower GI everything was OK. When the Doc looked at the upper he found a bunch of ulcers.

"You are an Ultra runner with bad knees… how much ibuprofen do you take?" I refused to answer by evoking my Fifth Amendment rights. But lesson learned. I will need to find something else to carry me through the mile from now on.


 

No comments: