Sunday, November 16, 2008

JFK 50 – Party Planner

Next weekend a heard of Snails will be heading to Hagerstown to do the JFK 50 miler. We have 9 brave souls running the event and 11 faithful supporters going to cheer them on. I decided not to run this year, so I will be among the supporters. I have volunteered to be the official post race party planner for the Snail Celebration. Unfortunately, my duties will require me to sleep in late and spend the day in a nice warm hotel preparing for the event. I may even need to get in a late afternoon nap just to be sure that I am fully able to fulfill my duties. It is a tough job, but I don't mind making a sacrifice for my friends.

In addition the required full bar featuring Guinness Stout and Single Malt Scotch, I will be serving my soon to be famous "Snail Aid" a sassy little concoction that is guaranteed to make the runners forget they ran.

I always have a problem with solid foods after a run. They just take up space that will be better filled with booze, but I am serving a selection of finger foods for them to nosh on:

  • Mini Sandwich Party Tray
  • Chicken Strips
  • Red Skin Potato Salad
  • Fruit Tray
  • Bread Bowl Dip  
  • Cookies
  • Buffalo Wings  
  • Bowl of Shrimp

    I will do my best to meet any post race craving the runners may have. It is their day and my chance to live up to the motto – "We are behind you all the way"

No comments: