Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2 Month Post Surgery Doctor Visit

Today I had my 2 month follow up with the surgeon. Everything is going well and I have been cleared to do what I want to do whit the warning that there is a bit of wear that could limit my ultra running abilities.

On the training front things are looking up. I am doing a 10 -12 miler every weekday morning. On Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I do a 45 minute spin class following the run. My M-F evening workouts are an hour on the treadmill, a weight workout and a spin class. Next week, I will start to add a swim workout 2-3 times a week.

In 11 days, I will pace the final 14 miles of the Baltimore Marathon. I will do the full Marine Corp at the end of the month. In November I will do the NCR Marathon. Sometime in early December I need to get a 35-40 miler under my belt. January starts the 2009 season with my favorite race – Running with an Angel in glorious Las Vegas. Of course I will need 10 day in town post race to recover and rehydrate!

I have started to cruise EBay for tri bike components. I have purchased a new set of handle bars for the Kestrel 4000 to replace the old Scott DH bars. I have a low ball bid on a bike but I am leaning to going with the 20 year old Kestrel. It is still a lot more bike than I will need. I will be better severed by spending time training the engine and not worry about a few grams in the bike.

On the work front, I am picking up vibes that I will survive the merger. Thank God that I invested a lot of time in my career through graduate studies and certification. I am getting 2-3 call a day from headhunters so if the unthinkable happens, I should be able to land on my feet.

No comments: