Saturday, August 23, 2008

I am Back… Kinda -- Sorta

It has been a bit over three weeks since the surgery and everything is progressing well. The PT exercises are working and I am regaining strength and flexibility in the knee. Every now and then it gives me a little twinge to remind me that I need to slow down a bit. Outwardly, the knee looks good with most the swelling gone, the only signs of the surgery are two small lumps where the incisions were made.

Speaking of the PT, I think the woman is trying to kill me. Painful Pilates combined with the lecturing about posture are enough for me to work extra hard just to get a clean bill of health.

I have been back in the gym everyday for the past 2 weeks. I am doing 2+ hours on the elliptical and some resistance training. For the next 3 months I am going with a heavy weight low rep routine to see if I can put on a bit of muscle.

My fall running plans will include the Baltimore and Marine Corp marathons and crewing / pacing the JFK. I am also slated to crew the Iroquois 100 in late September for a friend. In January, I plan to do the Running from an Angel in Vegas. This is an OK race but I will do anything that gets me to Vegas. Who knows I may even return to the Umstead 100 to beat myself up for a third time.

Positive thought and good Karma to a fellow Elvi Runner and Blogger – Brian Pilgrim http://clydeologist.blogspot.com/ as he runs the Lean Horse 100. I have never met him but I find his writing inspiring and hope to share a trail with him some day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi just found your blog and wanted to say hi!! I am glad your knee is healing and you will be back to running soon!!!

The gym everyday for 2 weeks is very impressive!!!

http://runningdowndreams.wordpress.com/

Check me out!!

M