Saturday, February 16, 2008

Night Long Run

I spent last week at one of facilities in Upstate New York. COLD and SNOWEY Weather was the daily forecast for the entire week.

Arrived home yesterday and in preparation for Umstead I did a night time 30 miler long run last night. I stated around 11pm and ran until a bit past 5 am. I did the Ashland to Monkton loop on the NCR Trail. The footing was good although it was a bit sloppy in some parts. The first loop was partially lit by moon light. During the second loop a cold fog moved in and made things a bit less pleasant.

I went home and slept until 10 a.m. spend the rest of the day doing yard cleanup work.

I am feeling the run in the knees a bit otherwise I am feeling fairly well. Tomorrow, I will start back with my gym workouts.

No comments: