Sunday, January 25, 2009

Putting Together the Bike – I give up!

I started to assemble the bike this morning combining the components that came with the online order with some upgraded accessories that I bought separately. After about three hours of frustration, I gave up, packed everything off and headed off to the bike shop to have it assembled by an expert. Too much ventured --- nothing gained. Lesson learned when there is a job to do, give it to someone whose job is to do it.

This evening I received an email from Blake Norwood the RD at Umstead reminding runners that the withdraw deadline is fast approaching. I am depending on my performance at Rocky Raccoon and Iron Horse to gage my ability to finally get this monkey off my back. Ummie please be kind!

Speaking of Umstead, yesterday I joined two of my fellow snails on their last 10 miles of a 50 miler. They both looked very strong – I am sure that they will do very well in April.

No comments: