Thursday, January 1, 2009

Going to Vegas

I decided to keep my plans and head out to Vegas for the Run from an Angle. My back feel a little better and I am going to attempt the 50 miler.

I spent the afternoon packing for the trip-- two large bags that are barely below the weight restrictions. I always pack too much crap; believing that is far better to have it and not need it rather than not having what I need.

The limo is scheduled to pick me up at 4:30 for my 6 am flight. I tried to check in on line this morning but all I got was a message that the system could not check me in and an airport check in was required. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with my tickets. I pray that I won't be bumped from first class to cattle class. I am scheduled to arrive in Vegas in the afternoon and will be staying at the Hooters Hotel. Friday will be a pretty mellow day and early to bed.

The race starts at 6 on Saturday. The temperature is in the mid 40's to 50 with high winds. That sounds like a repeat of last year and is going to suck! My stretch goal for this race is 10 hours but I will be content if I just finish the race upright and without major injuries. Following the race I will head back to the hotel and out on the town for a steak dinner and a bit of light entertainment. I don't plan on doing too much movement…just want to sit in a comfortable chair and have someone bring me drinks. Depending on the damage done to my body, I may try to get a massage on Sunday at the Hard Rock Spa.

I haven't had time to do a reflection on 2008 and a new year's kick off posting for 2009. I will try to get something up over the next few days.

No comments: