Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Friends, New Toy, New Pain

Yesterday, I attended a meeting of the Baltimore Area Triathlon Club at the MAC. This appears be a nice group of people that I look forward to training with for the upcoming triathlon season. My only concern is that they may be a bit too intense for my laid back approach to training. I don't know if I can fully make the attitude adjustment from "hopefully finishing a race in the same day I started" to being concerned about "racing" and transition time splits.

My new Kestrel Talon Tri arrived today. It looks nice but it does not the sexy lines of its 20 year old Kestrel 4000 grandfather. I may be a bit myopic in my assessment - It is hard to fault your first real love! I feel like I am committing adultery by just having the new bike in the house. Heaven forbid the day that I have them both in the same room.

I met with the Trainer yesterday; she did some measurements and did not think we were progressing well enough. There is only one solution – She needs to kick my ass more. No more Ms. Nice – hello Madam Pain. Now it could be coincidental, but tonight the Swim Coach decided that it was time to kick up the intensity of the pool workout. I had my best workout in a long time – first time I can remember getting out of the pool and sweating! I hurt but it is a good hurt.

Time for bed I have a 15 mile run and a spin class in the morning.

No comments: