Saturday, September 6, 2008

I’ve Been Outed!!!


 

There are some secrets that we all try to keep in the dark, hidden from our closest friends and loved ones. Well Umstead was one of those dark secrets that I wanted to hide from the Snails. I just wanted to sneak off and try this one more time without the pressure of having a crew or dedicated pacer. I wanted to be invisible. I did my home work and surveyed the possible race participants in our little band of misfits and thought I was going to be able to hide my attempt to run Umstead.

Well my plans were destroyed by the publishing of the list of race participants on the website. Soon after the posting of the list I received the following email from a trusted friend

 "I sort of remember someone saying never again, wonder who that was? "

So much for my plans to sneak off and do the race… I better finish the job this year; otherwise I will have to adopt an alias for 2010.

I have decided to come clean with my entire 2009 plan. All the races I have registered to do are listed under Racing Plans.

No comments: