Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Changes

Today was a big day. I decided to change Gyms. I actually have belonged to 2 gyms that are at opposite ends of spectrum.

FX is a great club with superb facilities and a great staff. I will miss this club a lot.

Brick Bodies (Downtown) is a disgusting, dirty, worn down facility with poor management and a staff that would have problems serving up a Big Mac with fries.

On many occasions, I have arrived for my 5:30 a.m. workout only to find the doors locked because someone decide to sleep in. The showers at this club are filthy. The lifeguardless pool is gross, it is about 4 feet deep but you would never know it because you can rarely see the bottom. the condition of locker rooms reminds you of a dilapidated middle school.

With the way they run business ... I am sure that there will be "billing errors" that will lead to continued charges on my credit card.

I have endured this club for years because it is conveniently located near my office and there really wasn't a viable option in downtown Baltimore.

Today, I entered nirvana. I joined the MAC www.macwellness.com The downtown club is heaven. Clean, modern equipment, a beautiful pool and attentive staff; what a change from Brick Bodies!

I now have no excuse not to be in Ironman shape by next August.

I was a member of MAC in Timonium for about 10 years before I got a bit bored and and joined FX.

Since then MAC opened a downtown and Hunt Valley Club (next to FX) in addition to their flagship Timonium facility. So, I am quitting 2 clubs and joining 1 that has 3 convenient locations. I will save about 80 bucks a month in club membership fees and another $ 100 or so a month in parking since I will park on a lot next to the MAC and walk about 10 minutes to the office.

I'll walk a mile for a nice club!


No comments: