Sunday, September 21, 2008

It Has Been One Hell of a Week

Let's start with the good …

  • The new gym http://www.macwellness.com/ is working out real well. I am able to get an early morning workout in before work and an evening workout in without moving my car. I saving gas and have more motivation to work out. There is no excuse to skip a workout when you need to walk through the gym to get to your car.
  • My father had cataract surgery and came through it well
  • My PT for my knee is progressing well … I have full range of motion in the knee but need to work on strength.
  • I am still employed --- I think


 

Now the less than good…

  • My Company experienced a meltdown http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsNews/idUSN1732289820080918 . Academically, I know what caused the problems but I am still kind of in a daze on how fast things happened. I am going to lose a few bucks in the deal but I think I will survive the acquisition.
  • I had a simple replacement of an old dental filling… now the Dentist tells me that there is a good chance that that tooth may need a root canal.
  • All the drama associated with the issue cause me to cancel my plans to go to The Iroquois Trails 100 to crew for a friend and do a bit of sampling of the NY wines. So much for purchasing non refundable tickets and getting a deal on Priceline for a cheap (non refundable) car.
  • I was a bit stressed on Friday, which caused me to overdo the evening workout. My knee hurts so much that I spent most of Saturday in bed icing it.
  • I am getting phone calls from the President of my Toastmaster group asking why I haven't distributed the agenda for Thursday's meeting … Do you think I give a shi# who is going to be Gruntmaster at the next meeting? I think toastmasters is becoming more trouble than it is worth.

No comments: