Saturday, June 21, 2008

One Week to the Devil







Today was my final Snail run prior to the Devil. I did a slow and steady 6 miler at Lock Raven. Everything feel pretty good, I still have a twinge in the knee, but it only needs to carry me for 50 miles and then I will give it a much needed rest.


As usual, following our run, we did our Saturday morning snail breakfast. I am sure that I put more calories in than I burned off this morning.


Coach gave me a stay cold bag to store my ice vest and hat inserts we will have to see if this works. Ma is recovering from her surgery and is planning to do the 10K. She is on board to be our designated driver back from the race.


We are staying the happiest place on earth ….


Cheep rooms, easy access to the strip, world famous wings,Fat Tire BEER and a lot of beautiful servers who could ask for more after running a 50 miler in 104 degree heat? My plans are to stay for a week after the race to recover. I may have to rent a scooter to get around but I will be in full Vegas mode. I wonder if they will give me a race discount?


This week my plans are to become a couch potato and hydrate—hydrate ---hydrate. I will up my electrolyte intake to be safe. I am flying to Vegas on Thursday to have some time to acclimate. The worst thing about this race is going to bed early on a Friday night in Vegas… somehow that seems to be a sinful act in sin city!







1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm doing a marathon in Seattle instead of Vegas on Sunday, and have a friend in town who wants to go out Friday night. I know I shouldn't - but it's my first time in Seattle and I want to get the full experience! Will keep you posted on my decision :)