Friday, June 20, 2008








Tapering sucks! You have to find something to fill the time. I spent the night reading the Hammer, Badwater, Calico and other websites to see if I can gleam some secret wisdom that will help me survive the upcoming romp around the Nevada desert.


The only bit of solace I found is that Nevada has fairly liberal gun laws. Hopefully, the race volunteers will be supplied with small caliber handguns to mercifully put a runner out of their misery!


The course is the same as the Angle. It is real simple to follow with only 2 turns. Run 25 miles smile and give the nice person sitting in the middle of the desert you race number and then go home. I can’t think of a nicer way to spend a Saturday in Vegas!



1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like the excitement is building! I'm excited too to see how well you're going to do :)