Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

It was a hot weekend.


On Saturday, I ran in my desert garb. This stuff may be ok for the arid desert but in the heat and humidity it sucks. All it took was 12 miles and I was dying. I will have it in reserve for the Devil Run but I am not looking forward to the opportunity of wearing it. After the run I joined the Snails for breakfast. I caught some grief for my persistent post run limp. Honestly, it only hurts when I stop running and sit for a bit. Some of the snails think I should reconsider running 50 miles in a few weeks but the way I look at it is no pain no gain. Besides I have over a week in Vegas to recover and rehydrate.


Today I decided to train inside with a 3 ½ hour stint on the elliptical and a weight workout. Still had a bit of my post run limp but I felt good. Tomorrow will be a long morning run followed by a 45 minute sauna. Oh joy.


20 days and counting to the Devil … 20 days and 13 hours to my next beer…. 20 days 15 hours and change to Viva Las Vegas!!!!

No comments: