Sunday, June 15, 2008

I I am too young to feel so old!


I did my final long run in preparation for Running with the Devil 50 miler. Slightly over 20 miles in about 4:15. This was a bit slow but I did not want to press the knee too much. My plans are to do a 6 miler tomorrow morning and a light gym workout in the evening. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings will be long sauna workouts of about an hour each day. Thursday will be a 45 minute stair master workout followed by 45 minute sauna and a massage in the evening. Friday will be a rest day and Saturday will be a short run with the snails.


Hydration, Sweat…Hydration, Sweat…. Hydration….. will be my mantra this week.


The knee is not well. I can’t say it is painful but it is bothersome. With a bit of luck it will hold out for a 50 miler but I will have to pay the Devil by nursing it for days following the race. I wonder if beer and chicken wings are good for post race recovery?




1 comment:

Laura said...

I say anything you want is good for post-race recovery! My choice is always ice cream :)

Good luck with the knee!