Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heading to Texas

I am packed and ready for whatever Rocky Raccoon has in store for me this weekend. I am fairly comfortable with doing 50 milers and barring injury should have a fairly good run on Saturday. While I will miss my Snails, I am looking forward to tripping over some root with some of my fellow Bloggers. I am # 514 and will be easy to spot - Just look for the course sweepers and I will be directly in front of them. I spent some time today thinking of a strategy and the best one appears to be just finish sometime before last call on Saturday night.

I have a car picking me up at 5 for my 7 a.m. flight to Houston. I arrive around 10:30 and should be at the Hotel by noon for a short nap before going to packet pick up and the race dinner. Early to bed on Friday, then the big event! Saturday looks like a hot one with a day time high of 76! I may need to up the electrolytes.

I can't wait to eat some of the best aid station food anywhere! Let's get it done.

No comments: