Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Three Hours Post Surgery


It may be the drugs but I am feeling GREAT!!!!


The meniscus surgery went very well I went into the OR around 9:45 and was coherent in the recovery room at 10:55. The post operative pain was a bit more than I expected and I required 4 doses of IV delivered pain killers. According to the nurse I had a boat load of pain killers on board. After the drugs kicked in I was given a few crackers and a coke and allowed to stabilize. Prior to leaving the Surgery Center the PA prescribed a dose of Vicoden with the instructions to take the meds as needed to stay ahead of the pain.


I met with the Doctor who said that I had a meniscus tear and a bit of wear. We will discuss the details during our follow up visits.


I was then allowed to dress and sent home.


When I arrived home there was a 30 pound package of goodies sent by my co workers. They thought of everything from home baked cookies to Scotch and Guinness! I am truly blessed to work with a great bunch of people. Speaking of great people, I can not say enough about my friends. Last night I received well wishes from Ma Ma Snail and Spinnie. Their heartfelt concerns and well wishes helped me relax and get a good night sleep. Spinnie even offered to bring me my all time favorite vice – a pizza bagle!


I am able to walk without crutches. In fact, I am in better shape than I was in Vegas post my attempt to run the devil.



1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad you're feeling good! Now drink some of that Guinness and Scotch so you're feeling great :)