Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cut Me Doc … Please!


I met with the surgeon today and now have a surgical appointment set for next Wednesday. He says that it is a simple procedure that should be done in less than an hour. He believes that I will have a good recovery with about 8 week until I am able to start running. So I guess the fall marathon season is a washout.


He cautioned me that my return to long distance running is questionable and dependent on how much he has to remove. In his words I could fully return to golf or football but ultra running is a lot more wearing on the joints. I jokingly said I would have to go back to triathlons --- He thought that that would be better that my running.


I need to spend the next week getting my life in order. It looks like I am going to be on the disabled list for the rest of the summer!

No comments: