Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ides of March

It has been a good training week as I begin my taper for the Umstead 100 mile run. Today I did a 13 miler on the NCR Trail in my new Zoot running shoes and Injinji sock liners. I found the Zoot lacked a bit of in the way of arch support so I need to go with an insert to gain more support.


After the run I met up with some fellow snails for breakfast at Bagel Works. I needed a junk food fix so I went with the Pizza Bagel and some chips on the side. Feeling that I needed to pay for my sin, I went to FX after breakfast and did a bit of a weight workout.


The weather is perfect; I am spending the afternoon doing some yard work.


On the nutrition front at the recommendation of one of the trainers at Fx, I started a new supplement MonaVie. I don’t know if it is worth the investment but I will give it a month or so to see if it works.



No comments: