Tuesday, January 1, 2008


The Running From an Angel 50 mile ultra is run completely inside the Lake Mead National Recreation Area about 40 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. I am doing this race as a long training run for the Umstead 100.
The race starts 6 a.m. this Saturday which means going early to bed on a Friday night in Vegas. -- this is my 5th trip to Vegas in the last year. I was last in Vegas for the Marathon (as one of the Running Elvi) and the Santa race.
I spent the day packing for my trip to Vegas and subsequent trip to Reno for business.
I have a 50 pound bag just for my running gear. How could a sport that has a sole purpose of moving from point A to point B as fast as possible evolve to a point where you need to carry 50 pounds of gear?
.... I guess having it and not needing it is better that not having it and needing it.
I am flying out to Vegas on Thursday and will be staying at the world famous Hooter Hotel.

No comments: