Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Visit with the Doc

Today was my first post op visit with the Orthopod. He removed the cast and 19 staples. Everything looks good but it will take most of the summer for recovery. After the exam, I was then sent to the hand clinic to have a removable plastic cast made. The new cast is much lighter but still immobilizes the whole arm. I can remove it for bathing but otherwise must wear it 24/7.

I start physical therapy at Union Memorial on Friday.

Joyfully, I can return to work on Monday.

On the workout front I am limited to walking, recumbent bike and lower body work. Bunz of steel here I come!

Day 2 of the Nutrisystem diet has come and gone. While the portion sizes are small, I still have problems getting it all in. I am toying with adding a serving or two of Hammer protein to aid the healing process.


No comments: