Saturday, December 20, 2008

Two Weeks to the Angle

In two weeks I will be in Vegas doing the Running from an Angle 50 Miler. I am looking forward to this race to test my new commitment to training and see if the knee will allow me to continue to run ultras. Next week I will start a mini taper and will most likely take off most of the week prior to the race.

My work with the Personal Trainer continues to go very well. She hurts me in ways that I have never been hurt so I know that she is targeting areas that need improvement. I been a bit negligent with my swimming in the last week due to just not being motivated to get into the pool. I will kick up the swim over the next two weeks while I taper for the Angle. With the cold weather I am enjoying the sauna training. Initially this was in preparation for possible heat at Rocky Raccoon, but with the cold and wet weather it just makes my old and tired body feel good.

Speaking of my old and tired body, I received a gift package for a massage, manicure and hair cut an FX studios. I am using it next Tuesday night as part my taper. I usually don't do the massage thing, by why not give it a try?

I am leaving for Vegas on following the New Year. I usually fly first class for the extra room and free drinks. Unfortunately, I will not be able to drink booze on the flight to Vegas due to the race being the next day. I will be good and drink water and juices. I have a limo meeting me at the airport. While this is a bit excessive, I like having someone there to handle my bags and keep me from having to fight the long taxi lines. I am staying at the world famous Hooters Hotel. This is a cheap, fun place just a block away from the strip. Friday will be a fairly mellow day, check in, pick up the rental car, a stop at the MGM buffet, packet pickup and back to the hotel for a few hours of rest. I hate going to bed early on a Friday night in Vegas.

Saturday, will be an early 3 am wake up and a drive to the race. At 6 am the gun will go off and I will do an 11 hour tour of Lake Meade. If the planets align correctly, I will be out on the town Saturday evening. Don't think I will be moving too much but I just want to go somewhere where I can sit down, be entertained, and have someone bring me drinks.


 


 

No comments: